Alpacasso Lovers Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Girly Alpacasso

+35
Bsods
pacapaca
peachypaca
malpacasso
pastelzombie
alexwhite
Jelly
Annika
meljane9
DisneyBunny
dxgirly
Wai
meepsheep
Suane
Ryama-san
Bat
gracielie
eurufu
Artpacasso
SURISSO
Paulina
pixiedust
plushie pens
Kellie
plushiepants
creeepytea
Katie
heartsandstars
Kittyblacksheep
ufocatcheraddict
Dreamykawaii
kittyberry
Lumi
Tamabonotchi
windycastle
39 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Alpacasso - August Girly Alpacasso - Page 2 Empty Re: August Girly Alpacasso

Post by Artpacasso Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 am

Ugh I wish they'd just make another big purple one, but grey is at least a new colour.
Artpacasso
Artpacasso

http://artpacasso.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyblacksheep Fri May 29, 2015 12:02 pm

The name translates to Violet. I think it will either be a new shade of purple or one we haven't seen in a while.

I just placed my order for these. They're something new at least.

Kittyblacksheep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:35 pm

The grey looks interesting, might have to get it in a 16cm... Agreed with @plushiepants though about waiting. I'm kinda hesitant on buying larger until I see what it actually looks like. Hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyblacksheep Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am

Alpacasso aren't as popular any more in Asia as other series from Amuse, so I really don't think we'll have anything for July when Amuse can focus on its other releases.

Kittyblacksheep

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:28 am

Kittyblacksheep wrote:Alpacasso aren't as popular any more in Asia as other series from Amuse, so I really don't think we'll have anything for July when Amuse can focus on its other releases.

Do you know when/why they stopped being popular?
Katie
Katie
Lovely Moderator

http://dachsii.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyblacksheep Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:46 am

To be frank, if I had to take a guess, it's because Amuse is selling them to the west through TOM now. They can make more money that way. Arpakasso were pretty awesome and cute when they first started out in machines and we got everything - notebooks, blankets, water bottles, pillows etc. When you see the same series every month, no one wants it. For about 2 years, it's very rare arcades carry Alpacasso as they just sit in machines, compared to the newer Amuse series that fly out. This year, Amuse didn't even release a limited edition Christmas season alpaca.

The 8cm straps are actually still popular, but the bigger sizes arcades are finding hard to push the large sizes - which is probably why we aren't seeing much variation now for the larger sizes (only 3 types, when compared to the smaller sizes).

I have friends and tumblr followers who came to Japan hoping to win Alpacasso, and they can only find the 8cm.

I posted pictures of arcades in Sendai - they have so many left over that they are using them as decoration for machines.

The Mameshiba dogs and Hamsters are Amuse's current hits.

Kittyblacksheep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyblacksheep Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:48 am

By now Amuse would have announced a September release, too. I wouldn't be surprised if we get 6 new releases next year (compared to the 14ish we got early on).

Kittyblacksheep

Back to top Go down

Post by eurufu Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 pm

GRAY ALPACASSOS?!?!?! AHHH YESSS!!! And just in time for my birthday too! It's perfect omgg :'3 I love that amuse is starting to try out new colors! I honestly was kinda getting tired of the generic white, beige, and pink selection.. I also love the new fur texture!!
eurufu
eurufu

http://eurufu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gracielie Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:21 am

Kittyblacksheep wrote:To be frank, if I had to take a guess, it's because Amuse is selling them to the west through TOM now. They can make more money that way. Arpakasso were pretty awesome and cute when they first started out in machines and we got everything - notebooks, blankets, water bottles, pillows etc. When you see the same series every month, no one wants it. For about 2 years, it's very rare arcades carry Alpacasso as they just sit in machines, compared to the newer Amuse series that fly out. This year, Amuse didn't even release a limited edition Christmas season alpaca.

The 8cm straps are actually still popular, but the bigger sizes arcades are finding hard to push the large sizes - which is probably why we aren't seeing much variation now for the larger sizes (only 3 types, when compared to the smaller sizes).

I have friends and tumblr followers who came to Japan hoping to win Alpacasso, and they can only find the 8cm.

I posted pictures of arcades in Sendai - they have so many left over that they are using them as decoration for machines.

The Mameshiba dogs and Hamsters are Amuse's current hits.
I guess it wasn't a surprise that I didn't find any large ones when I was in Japan then =( i thought it was my bad luck despite trying out all the places you suggested. At least we can still buy them online I suppose ;w;
gracielie
gracielie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellie Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:54 am

Good thing I'm getting really obsessed with the mameshibas amongst other things. Alpacasso is still my favorite, so it's sad to not see them as popular (meaning they will eventually die out) but eh, I collect so many things maybe that will help my wallet??
Kellie
Kellie
Professional Broke Person [Admin]

http://amusingarpakasso.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by windycastle Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:51 pm

The Mameshiba are so cute! I think someone on Tumblr did post a picture of the September Korohamu Koron: apparently a purple one is coming out now?

I love the Korohamu in general, but the first one I ordered had kind of a weird face, so I've been cautious about ordering them ever since. >v>;

I'm with Kellie; it's a little sad to think they might eventually stop making the Alpacasso (noooo) but at the same time, I know my wallet will thank me...haha...
windycastle
windycastle
Professional Poster

http://alpacassing.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:29 pm

im not supposed to spend but im totally gonna buy a gray one in 16cm. *o*
Bat
Bat
Forum Addict

http://battydreemurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryama-san Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:41 am

I'm a bit late to this thread but I'm curious about the big pink Alpacasso's color...everyone seems to think it will be a salmon or a different pink color but to me it looks pretty similar to all the other pink Alpacassos out there like the Hatter, Rainbow, etc.

The name underneath it translates to "komomo"...I know momo is peach but I'm not sure what "komomo" means exactly...

Also I was looking at the picture Rosy posted to her Instagram that had the big hamster pictures next to the August Alpacasso and I wonder if the grey on the hamster will be similar to the grey alpaca? I was thinking Amuse seems to have changed the fur to something very similar (if shaggier) to the fur they use for the hamsters and some of their other plushes (maybe to save money? That older Alpacasso fur was unique and maybe it was cheaper to get similar fur from the same manufacturer?) So maybe the grey color on the hamster will be close the new Alpacassos coming out...
Ryama-san
Ryama-san
Professional Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Ryama-san wrote:I'm a bit late to this thread but I'm curious about the big pink Alpacasso's color...everyone seems to think it will be a salmon or a different pink color but to me it looks pretty similar to all the other pink Alpacassos out there like the Hatter, Rainbow, etc.

The name underneath it translates to "komomo"...I know momo is peach but I'm not sure what "komomo" means exactly...

Also I was looking at the picture Rosy posted to her Instagram that had the big hamster pictures next to the August Alpacasso and I wonder if the grey on the hamster will be similar to the grey alpaca?  I was thinking Amuse seems to have changed the fur to something very similar (if shaggier) to the fur they use for the hamsters and some of their other plushes (maybe to save money?  That older Alpacasso fur was unique and maybe it was cheaper to get similar fur from the same manufacturer?)  So maybe the grey color on the hamster will be close the new Alpacassos coming out...

I know that "ko" in a name usually means "child" or "small" but thats usually at the end of names. (I do know that Korilakkuma in the Rilakkuma series is an exception to this, though, ehehe).

Its really hard to tell about the colours and stuff in the photos for me because it seems like they brightened the photo way too much with a filter or something. Sad I don't know if its just my eyes though or its supposed to be like that.
Bat
Bat
Forum Addict

http://battydreemurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suane Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:12 am

I'm so excited this alpaca is actually grey!

Most of my collection are small pacas, but I want to buy a huge grey. I hope Rosy will sell 'em. I can't wait. ^^"
Suane
Suane
Professional Poster

http://alpacaisamused.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meepsheep Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:02 am

Ooh I wonder what shade of red that is! I'll get it if it's rare but it does kinda looks like the coral from the pop'n series. The purpleish one looks really pretty as well. Will be buying from TOM~
meepsheep
meepsheep
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wai Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:33 pm

I want the grey one so bad! When will pre-orders be up Sad
Wai
Wai
Professional Poster

http://xmacaron.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dxgirly Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:08 am

I just ordered some of these tonight when they popped up on TOM, but now my whole order is listed as "back-ordered" even though everything is still showing as in-stock and ready to ship in two business days on the website. I already contacted support, but does anyone here know what that means, or have had it happen to you before?
dxgirly
dxgirly

https://www.youtube.com/user/dxgirly

Back to top Go down

Post by meepsheep Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:44 am

i just checked TOM and the prices are messed up for the full sets =_=

for the 16cms, it's 10 USD each but 60 USD for all five
for the big 50cm ones, it's 22 USD each but 125 USD for three...

WTF LOL

i'm gonna order two sets once it's fixed and divide it amongst people i can find in toronto. i assume the standard set will be 35 USD once the price is fixed and 52 USD for the big trio.
meepsheep
meepsheep
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyBunny Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:50 am

I just ordered the large grey and it was advertised with free shipping but I still got charged :/ I emailed them about it so hopefully they'll credit me. Get your act together, TOM!
DisneyBunny
DisneyBunny
Professional Poster

http://Disneybunny.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meepsheep Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 am

DisneyBunny wrote:I just ordered the large grey and it was advertised with free shipping but I still got charged :/ I emailed them about it so hopefully they'll credit me.  Get your act together, TOM!
it doesn't say free shipping though
meepsheep
meepsheep
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DisneyBunny Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 am

Alpacasso - August Girly Alpacasso - Page 2 Image11

Meljane9 told me it probably refers to if you buy the whole set since that would be over $100, but they don't specify that anywhere so I think they should compromise with me.
DisneyBunny
DisneyBunny
Professional Poster

http://Disneybunny.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wai Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 am

DisneyBunny wrote:Alpacasso - August Girly Alpacasso - Page 2 Image11

Meljane9 told me it probably refers to if you buy the whole set since that would be over $100, but they don't specify that anywhere so I think they should compromise with me.

I don't feel like they'll give it to you since once you've selected the item on the page of the alpaca the free shipping sign disappears.
Wai
Wai
Professional Poster

http://xmacaron.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meepsheep Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:46 pm

DisneyBunny wrote:Alpacasso - August Girly Alpacasso - Page 2 Image11

TOM is really misleading Razz
The free shipping is always referring to the whole set, for alpacassos :/ Ask for a full refund then.

They also have a discount for some other alpacassos but it's only for the white ones.
meepsheep
meepsheep
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by meljane9 Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

As for the prices of the sets, they will be more than what it costs to buy all items individually because the "set" comes with the alpacasso pin.. Not as a freebie, but as something that costs extra money. It is like this on all sets that include the alpacasso pin.

However it should only be 5-10 dollars more (and it SHOULD be a set price for the pin across all sets.... But it's not which is a rip off), but the large girly alpacasso set is $60 more than buying all 3 individually... No way the pin is $60, so it is a huge rip off. TOM is very inconsistent and shady sometimes with pricing and shipping.
meljane9
meljane9
Forum Addict

http://m-lissa.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next